Looking For The Best Treatment For Hair Loss – Men and Women?By
The number of men and women in India going in for treatments for hair loss has never been higher and is increasing everyday. Some of the factors that lead to hair loss in men and women, such as sedentary lifestyles and higher stress levels are a product of the modern day lifestyle.
Hair loss in women is quite common, especially after menopause. Hair loss in men, as in male pattern baldness, is common too. Hair fall is connected to hormonal changes and overuse of hair dyes as well. If you are concerned with hair loss, you can try some of the remedies and treatments listed below. Dr Narendra Patwardhan says, “The number of patients with hair loss has increased over the years and out of 10 new patients at least eight are men. The major reasons for hair fall are iron deficiency, lack of sunlight (vitamin D-3), stress, irregular diets, hormonal changes and related diseases like thyroid and diabetes”.
It is always best to visit a dermatologist immediately if you are losing hair on a daily basis. Meanwhile, here are some home remedies and treatments for hair loss, for both men and women.
Treatments for hair loss in men:
- Scalp Massage – The main cause of hair loss in men is poor circulation of blood. Blood supplies oxygen to the hair follicles, which is so important for stimulating hair growth. Regular scalp massages with oil, specially with coconut or almond oil improve your circulation and ensure the supply of oxygen to the hair follicles of the scalp. This is something you can do yourself or get done by a professional masseur atleast once in a week.
- Coconut milk and coconut Oil – Coconut milk and coconut oil are rich in vitamins and nutrients and should be applied to the hair on a regular basis. It helps you maintain your hair and even regrow what has been lost. You can apply coconut oil and milk topically, directly on the skin of the scalp and add them to your food and drink as well.
- Fruits and vegetables – You should make it a point to have raw fruits and vegetables on a regular basis as that is your best defense against free radicals that cause premature aging of the skin of the scalp, which leads to hair loss. Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants that fight such free radicals and boost the regrowth of the hair. You should make fruits and vegetables a regular part of your diet. You can also make a mix of bananas, lemon juice, honey, orange juice and avocados and apply to the scalp. Allow it to remain for about 15 minutes and then wash it off completely.
- Egg wash – One of the easiest things you can do to grow your hair is to perform an egg wash. Eggs are rich in protein and other critical nutrients and keep the hair thick and strong. Create a paste from eggs, rub it on to your hair and allow it to remain for a few minutes. You can then wash it out completely. This does wonders for the health of your hair.
- Apple cide Vinegar – Vinegar has beneficial nutrients, including potassium and certain other enzymes that help in stimulating hair growth and also prevents dandruff. Dandruff can block the hair follicles and the pores which prevents hair growth. By eradicating the dandruff problem, apple cide vinegar can allow the hair to begin growing again.
- Garlic juice – Like onion, garlic too has high sulphur content. It is used in traditional hair regrowth medicines speacially for men. Crush a few cloves of garlic and add coconut oil to it and boil the mixture for a few minutes.Let it cool down a bit and then massage it on your scalp. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash your hair. Apply this for minimum two times in a week.
Treatments for Hair Loss in Women:
- Scalp Massage – As discussed earlier, blood supplies oxygen to the hair follicles of the scalp, which is why maintaining a proper blood circulation is so important to prevent hair loss. When the circulation is not as good as it should be the scalp cells start dying, which means the hair stops growing. So make it a point to massage your scalp every day, to stimulate blood circulation. Equally, it is important to take iron supplements to improve iron levels in the body. Iron is essential for the production of red blood cells.
- Vitamins and minerals – We have already talked about the importance of taking iron supplements to prevent hair loss. In addition to that you should take vitamins such as Vitamin B or biotin. Biotin is very important for the healthy growth of hair and puts an end to hair loss.
- Jojoba Oil – Jojoba oil is one of the most common home remedies for hair loss in women. Rub the oil into your scalp, especially at the spot where you are experiencing the most hair loss. This stimulates the growth of hair.
- Saw Palmetto – Saw palmetto blocks the formation of dihydrotestosterone, a hormone that is known to destroy hair follicles, causingrapid hair loss. This hormone leads to a condition called alopecia or baldness in women. So take saw palmetto supplements on a regular basis to prevent hair fall.
- Red onion juice – Red onion is a rich source of sulphur helping in hair growth. Using onon juice on the scalp can help in controlling hair fall. Grade one onion and squeeze the juice and apply the juice to your scalp and let it dry for 20 minutes.Using this juice on the scalp twice a week gives satisfactory result.
- Indian gooseberry (Amla) – Amla or the Indian gooseberry is the safest option for women suffering from hair loss. It is packed with vitamin C and antioxidants that reverses hair loss. Use either amla juice or powder and mix it with lemon juice. Apply the mixture on the scalp for 15 minutes and leave it to dry and wash with lukewarm water.