Which CBSE Schools In Kolkata To Send Your Kid?
One of the largest cities in Asia, Kolkata anchors an amalgamation of a variety of cultures that have led to the assemblage of a rich literary heritage. Likewise, the education scenario in the city is quite commendable, having been steadily improving since before independence.
CBSE schools in KolkataThere are more than 100 schools in Kolkata affiliated to different nationally acknowledged boards of education. One of the leading school boards in the city is the Central Board of Secondary Education, abbreviated as CBSE. It is the national board of education in India, and the syllabus is designed at par with international standards.
CBSE schools in Kolkata are much preferred by parents due to a holistic approach to education. A report published in the Telegraph India stated that around 56% of the total students qualifying the entrance examination for admission to the various Indian Institute of Technology are from schools affiliated to CBSE.
Contributions of CBSE schools in Kolkata
The affluence of the education system in Kolkata is substantiated by the fact that the city’s schools have been constantly bringing about high-reaching achievers and responsible citizens for a long time.
- Advancement: The advancement in literary, scientific, technological as well as commercial development of the state of West Bengal can be largely attributed to the excellence of the schools.
- Demand: CBSE schools are much in demand in Kolkata as well as the rest of the nation. As per a survey report released by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2016, the mean achievement score of the students studying in CBSE schools in English and Mathematics are 319 and 286 out of a national average of 250 for each category.
- Education: The CBSE schools in Kolkata follow a generic pattern of division of students into primary, upper primary, secondary and higher secondary sections. Minimum age of enrollment is 3 years for most of the institutes.
- Government policies: As per government directions, the schools follow a policy of regulating all-round development of the students. Sports, music, computer skills, and art are an integral part of the curriculum of most schools in Kolkata.
- Board of management: Acting as a board of education maintained by the central ministry, CBSE textbooks include, starting from a very young age, a basic knowledge of all major cultures and societal groups. The syllabus is planned and prepared by some of the best minds in the country and aims to bring out the optimum in each and every child.
Extra miles of CBSE schools in Kolkata
In the modern day, the rise in population coupled with the exaltation in the living standards has led to a colossal transformation of what is considered “educated”. A thorough knowledge of each and every chapter of the text books is no longer enough to ensure a good career.
- Development: In keeping with the demand of the times, the CBSE schools in Kolkata as well as the rest of India have been gradually adopting an integrated developmental approach for imparting knowledge.
- Language proficiency: Learning a new language is always a good idea! Apart from Hindi, English and Sanskrit, many CBSE schools have now started offering foreign language courses to the students. A few common ones include French, German, Japanese, Spanish and Chinese.
- Sports: A must-have in the life of people of all ages, physical exercise and sports play a great role in shaping the growth of a child. Most CBSE schools maintain a certain standard of sporting facilities in the campus as per directions of the government.
- Art, Dance and music: CBSE schools in India offer weekly music and art classes to the students as per a pre-mandated curriculum. Dance and music are great alleviators of stress and help to bring out an artistic rear in the students.
The target of the project is to make sure that the students passing the senior school certificate examination have the necessary qualities as per “institution and employer demand”.
Some of the schools also conduct certified courses after school hours where the students can learn a particular language up to an advanced level. This kind of proficiency is especially helpful for education and job prospects abroad.
Regular exercise keeps the children active and healthy. An hour of playing with friends every day can help ward off stress, depression and obesity.
Schools offer equal opportunities to all children to showcase their abilities, and thus are an excellent storehouse of talent.
As they explore, the children discover their own talents and are constantly encouraged to polish them. A school football ground may bring out a future national player, for all we know!
Art and music classes aim to inculcate interest among the students about the cultural history and richness of India as well as the rest of the world. The schools also offer classes as a part of extracurricular activities after school for the students who wish to learn deeper.
Apart from an academic view point, the ability to speak a language other than your mother-tongue is a skill that can be valuable in a variety of events and opportunities.
Rimtimmers recommends the following CBSE schools in Kolkata
Techno India Group Public SchoolAddress: 5, North Nowdapara Road, Ariadaha, Kolkata – 700057
Phone No: +91-33-65009680
St. Stephen’s SchoolAddress: 11, Rishi Bankim Chandra Road, Jessore Road, Dum Dum, North 24 Parganas, Kolkata – 700028
Phone No: +91-33-25296670
North Point Senior Secondary Boarding SchoolAddress: VIP Road, Near Baguiati Police Station, Teghoria, Baguiati, Kolkata – 700059
Phone No: +91-33-65351742
KendriyaVidyalaya No. 2, Salt LakeAddress: IC Block, Sec-III, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700106
Phone No: +91-33-23357453
D.A.V. Public SchoolAddress: Wireless More, Colony Highway, Near Mohanpur Toll Plaza, Kolkata – 700121
Phone No: +91-33-65004875
B.D.M InternationalAddress: Garia Main Road, Pratapgarh, Garia, Kolkata – 700103
Phone No: +91-33-24358402
Indira Gandhi Memorial High SchoolAddress: 456, P K Guha Road, Dumdum, Kolkata – 700028
Phone No: +91-33-25111716
Indus Valley World SchoolAddress: 488, Ajoy Nagar, Eastern Metropolitan By-Pass, (Near Peerless Hospital, Behind Satyajit Ray Film Institution), Kolkata – 700094
Phone No: +91-33-71205250
BharatiVidyamandir English Medium School-BVMAddress: Dangapara Road, Opposite Vivekananda Stadium, Rahara, Khardaha, Kolkata – 700118
Phone No: +91-9830454846
Army Public SchoolAddress: North Gate, Barrackpore Cantonment, Barrackpore, North 24 Parganas, Kolkata – 700120
Phone No: +91-9874919911