Nightlife in Chennai: The Place For Adrenaline RushBy
Whether easing off after a long day at work or meeting up with friends at a club over the weekend, the nightlife industry across the globe has brought entertainment to a whole new level. Cramped bars and restaurants have been replaced by chic pubs and neighborhood hangouts have shifted to fun bowling alleys filled with excellent food and entertainment. The twenty-first-century nightlife scene has received much positive feedback from the people and continues to live up to expectations.
Statistics on Nightlife
As per a survey report published by the Small Business Development Center Network, the night life industry is extremely labor intensive with the average annual income of each employee being $60,000. Alcohol is one of the major sources of revenue with the numbers varying from 35% for beer, to 30% for distilled spirits and hard liquor and 7% for wine.
The net revenue in terms of the national economy is also high all around the world. For example, as per an Ibis World report, the night life industry in the US alone employs 403,904 people in 69,606 businesses. The annual growth between 2011 and 2016 was 1.2% with the average revenue being $25 billion.
Indian Spectacle on Nightlife
The populace in India is quickly tuning into the new age night recreation. Clubs and discs are popping up in every major city across the country and the people are swarming to the coolest locations. There are several new entrepreneurs in this field that have built massive empires in a very short time. The impressive response from the public is a green flag for all future investments.
All major metropolitans in India are witnessing a mammoth revolution in the nightlife precinct. Cities like Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Guwahati, and Bangalore are a few of the prime night life destinations in the country.
A nightspot in India that is all the rage now is the southern city of Chennai. Home of some of the most beautiful beaches in the country, Chennai is the next new place to visit if you are planning a quick weekend getaway to have a glorious time.
Nightlife in Chennai
Chennai is the newly rising nightlife destination in the South of India. Achieving excellence in almost every sector of development, the new venture into the nightlife scene is proving to be exceedingly profitable right from the start.
There are hundreds of pubs and discs across the city catering to the choice of the customers. The menu and entry prices vary and can fit all customer needs. The customer demographic is diverse and nightlife in Chennai is a vibrant affair.
- College crowd: College students form a huge chunk of the crowds at the various discs and pubs in Chennai. There are numerous educational institutes in the city and come the weekend students flock into the hundreds of bars. The discs in Chennai are also filled with a lot of college kids dancing to some amazing beats.
- Grey flannels: Corporate professionals are also a huge customer base and after-work parties are becoming exceedingly famous across the various pubs in Chennai. After remaining busy at the office all day, these workers literally switch their fun modes on and party!
- Friendly flocks: Bar hopping with friends on a Friday night is the brand-new crowd generator in Chennai. Be it your best friends or people you haven’t caught up with in a long time, hanging out at some of the chicest bars and discs in Chennai is a great choice to have an amazing time.
Appeal of Nightlife in Chennai
The discs and pubs around Chennai are becoming the some of the most popular night time retreats across South India. The décor is outstanding, deriving inspiration from both international as well as traditional Indian roots. Conceivably, this perfectly balanced mixture is what caters to the senses the most.
- Security: The security measures adopted are strict and in accordance with government directions. Nobody under the age of 21 years is served alcohol, and the management team sees that this is strictly followed. A team of highly trained security personnel are employed at every establishment to ensure that all events run smoothly.
- Food: The food served is exquisite, again the menu being an elaborate mix of Indian and intercontinental. The Cardinal attraction is the alcohol, and consequently, that menu is top-notch as well. With all popular Indian and international brands being available, the selection of drinks is unquestionably momentous. The staff is well trained and friendly and if you are a regular, they remember your favorites!
Nightlife in Chennai the Ultimate Recreation
The nightclubs are built on par with international standards and the staff leaves no stone unturned in making sure their customers have an incredible experience. The numerous clubs and pubs are also a great place to meet new people. Celebrity sightings are common, especially on weeknights.
Walking into a disc in Chennai, you would for a moment almost forget the world outside! The décor and lights are absolutely ravishing and the music is lively. The DJ plays an amazing selection of Bollywood, international as well as south Indian tracks that are sure to keep you on your feet all night long!
Rimtimmers recommends the following nightclubs and pubs in Chennai
10 Downing StreetAddress: Kences Inn, 50, North Boag Road, T Nagar, Chennai – 600017
Phone No: +91-44-43546565
Million Dollars PubAddress: Kanniappa Street, Thiru Nagar Colony, NGO Colony, Vadapalani, Chennai – 600026
Phone No: +91-9381174555
Flying BottlesAddress: 1131 Inner Ring Road Koyambedu, Chennai – 600106
Phone No: +91-44-66888000
Steam and WhistlesAddress: Inside GRT Grand, No. 120, Sir Thyagaraya Road, T Nagar, Chennai – 600017
Phone No: +91-44-2815 0500
Evoke Bistro Bar & GrillAddress: 5/360, 2nd Floor, Old Mahabalipuram Road, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Okkiyum, Thoraipakkam, Chennai – 600097
Phone No: +91-9962596664
Disco KingAddress: No. 60/42, Bunder Street, Parrys, George Town, Chennai – 600001
Phone No: +91-9941067123
Gatsby 2000Address: Crowne Plaza, No. 132, Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park, T T K Road, Alwarpet, Chennai – 600018
Phone No: +91-44-24994101
The B BarAddress: No. 94, Sathyadev Avenue, MRC Nagar, Next to Chettinad Vidhyasharam School, Chennai – 600028
Phone No: +91-44-49001010
Aura – The Lounge BarAddress: Radha Regent, No 171, Jawaharlal Nehru Salai, Arumbakkam, Chennai – 600106
Phone No: +91-44-66778899
Titoas Resto BarAddress: 128, E Coast Road, Injambakkam, Chennai – 600115
Phone No: +91-44-33042928