Why Is It Better To Use Travel Agencies Than Book Online?By
With sites such as Yatra.com, Expedia.com, MakeMyTrip.com, you can now be your own travel agent. You can book your airline tickets with ease, make railway reservations, plan bus travel, book hotel rooms and opt for a tourism package, all on your own. You don’t really need travel agents or travel agencies anymore, do you? Or maybe you do.
One big problem with planning your on vacations is that you will end up spending more time on it than you should, and probably end up spending more than you should as well, as you won’t have a special relationship with airlines, hotels or tourism companies as travel agents do. So don’t discount the humble travel agent as yet – he or she may yet be useful to you. In fact, according to CNN, travel agents may well be making a comeback, believe it or not.
As Bill Maloney, CEO of the American Society of Travel Agents tells CNN, “What the Internet has done is given us a nation that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. How do you know if a hotel is actually a good value or if it’s overpriced? You have these online generalists and these individual specialists.”
Very true, and we tend to agree with that. Planning a trip in India is time consuming. Yes, there are online travel sites such as MakeMyTrip.com and Yatra.com that have simplified a lot of things, but try booking your vacation on them. It’s not as easy as you would have thought.
Travel agents have built their career on saving their clients’ time and money. They offer valuable insights that an online travel site won’t be able to. They guide you through your trip to exotic locations around the world. They have in depth knowledge of domestic tourism as well as foreign travel.Indeed, more complex your travel plans, the more you need a travel agent. If your travel plans are very simple, then maybe not, you might as well book your airline tickets or hotel rooms yourself.
Here’s the reasons why you should use a travel agent and not book online –
- Online travel sites offer so many options that they have only succeeded in making travel more confusing for everybody. It is very difficult for an inexperienced traveler to figure out what they are offering, exactly.
- There are far too many restrictions and hidden fees on online travel sites, which you may not notice at first. So you will actually save money by hiring a travel agent instead.
- The problem with online travel sites is that they show you what they think you want to see rather than what you really need. They are more than just booking sites, they have a real stake in the game and aren’t completely objective in their assessment of the options that are available to you. They do not operate with your best interests in mind. Travel agents on the other hand build their career on helping you get exactly what you want and really need.
- Finally, let’s consider the pricing aspect of it. A travel agent doesn’t always cost more. Travel agents are aware of the latest promotional offers and have direct access to the best and the most exclusive deals and discounts. You cannot get such exclusive offers when you plan your trip yourself on a travel site such as Yatra.com or Expedia.com.
- Travel agents save you time, and yes, they save you money. That’s why you should hire a travel agent rather than book your travel plans on an online travel site.
Rimtimmers recommend the following travel agents or agencies in Mumbai:
Cox & Kings (India) LtdAddress: 270/272, Standard Chartered Grindlays Bank Bldg.,Dr. D.N.Road, Mumbai – 400001
Phone No: +91-22-22073066
Thomas Cook (India) Ltd.Address: Thomas Cook Bldg., Dr. D.N.Road, Mumbai – 400001
Phone No: +91-22-22048556/7/8
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt LtdAddress: Behind Metro Cinema, Office No.3 M.G.Road, Mumbai – 400020
Phone No: +91-22-22077954
Crest Tours And TravelsAddress: 2nd Floor Joshna Prakash, Station Road, Goregaon East, Mumbai – 400063
Phone No: +91-22-40894089
More Details: Crest Tours And Travels
Bhatkanti HolidaysAddress: Shop No 9, Shree Rajal Dham Society, Plot No 22, Sector-20, Kopar Khairane, Navi Mumbai – 400709
Phone No: +91-22-60606961
Kulin Kumar Holidays Pvt LtdAddress: 51/A, Ground Floor, Cutch Castle Building, J S S Road, Opera House, Mumbai – 400004
Phone No: +91-22-43555555
Rimtimmers recommend the following travel agencies in Kolkata:
Safari Tour TravelsAddress: #75, Ganesh Chandra Avenue, 1st Floor, Kolkata – 700013
Phone No: +91-9830042523
Travel Chutti ChuttiAddress: 3 Jagabandhu Modak Road, Gita Kunj, Kolkata – 700005
Phone No: +91-9007328454, +91-8017175322
Travel LinkAddress: Krishnapur, 3 Number, P.O. – Milan Bazar, Kolkata – 700102
Phone No: +91-9831112679
Destiny Travels & ToursAddress: 10/3, Palm Avenue, Kolkata – 700019
Phone No: +91-33-65365884
More Details: Destiny Travels & Tours
Sgps Tours and TravelsAddress: 17/2, Nalta Station Road, Italgacha, Kolkata – 700079
Phone No: +91-33-40664150
More Details: Sgps Tours and Travels
Central TravelsAddress: 64, Bipin Behari Ganguli Street, Kolkata – 700012
Phone No: +91-9830040371