Fun Places In Delhi For Your Kids To Visit During SummerBy
Are you visiting Delhi, or do you stay there? Delhi is such a big city that even those who have lived there for many decades will have seen only about 5 to 10 percent of what the city has to offer. The city buzzes with activity from dawn to dusk and there isn’t a better place to go sightseeing with your kids. So what are the most fun places in Delhi?
Fun places to visit in Delhi
There is nothing quite like roaming around the city of Delhi, watching the beautiful sights, smelling the fragrance in the air and soaking in on the atmosphere of the place. There are so many fun places in Delhi to take your kids to. Delhi is a very child-friendly place with lots of fun things to do for children. Let’s take a look at some of the fun places to go in the summer in Delhi.
- Appu Ghar: Is India’s first theme park for children. It was first opened in 1984, following the end of the 1982 Asian Games. Appu Ghar was named after “Appu” the mascot of the Asian Games, who was loved by children. After a very successful run, the park was shut down because of lack of funds in 2008. It has since been reopened in the city of Gurgaon, which is not so far from Delhi. You can spend an entire day here with your children. To get to Appu Ghar, make your way to the Huda City Centre by Delhi metro, it’s really quite easy.
- Kingdom of Dreams: Is an exciting live-entertainment theatre for children. It has been going strong since it was founded in 2009. Tens of thousands visit the Kingdom of Dreams every weekend. Every state in India is represented here through food, art, music, dance and craft. There is so much to look forward to here. The best way to get to here is by the Delhi Metro. Just get down at the metro station at IFFCO Chowk.
- Worlds of Wonder: You will have to travel a bit to get to the Worlds of Wonder, which is located in Noida. You can get there by the Delhi Metro, just get down at Noida Sector 18. Is it worth a visit? Yes, definitely – Worlds of Wonder is the biggest amusement park in North India. It is a massive water park with hundreds of exciting rides and other attractions. This is a great place to take your kids to, especially when the summer holidays are on.
- Fun n Food Village: Is very popular water park that is filled with adventure rides, water slides and more. Your kids will definitely love the main water slide here which is 400 feet long, the longest in India. There are a plenty of other cool things to do here as well. The ice cream parlours are amazing, as are the coffee shops. You can get here by the Delhi Metro, just get down at the metro station at Dwarka Sector 21.
- National Science Centre: As a parent, you will want your kids to do more than just have fun in the summer – you want them to learn new things as well. National Science Centre, which was established in 1992, is perfect for smart kids, kids who are curious about the world and are interested in science. They can learn about the various dinosaurs here, participate in quizzes and other wonderful activities, study the human and animal biology and read in the science library. The National Science Centre is open from 10 am to 5 pm every day, and is not far from the Central Secretariat station
- Shankar’s International Doll Museum: If you have a little girl at home, you will know how much she loves dolls. She probably has quite a collection at home. You should take her to the Shankar’s International Doll Museum which has the largest collection of dolls in the world, over 6000 dolls from more than 80 countries, all dressed up in their traditional costumes. Your child can learn how to make her own dolls as well. Shankar’s International Doll Museum is not far from the Pragati Maidan.
- Bal Bhavan National Children’s Museum and Aquarium: Bal Bhavan is a museum for children. The various artefacts and collections at the Bal Bhavan are meant to encourage children to explore learning by interacting with other kids of their age, experiment and be creative. It is open to kids between the ages of 5 and 16. There is a planetarium here, a large aquarium and a mini zoo with many wild animals and birds. It is at a walkable distance from the Pragati Maidan metro station.
- Adventure Island: You should certainly go to the Adventure Island with your kids, one of the most fun places to go in the summer in Delhi. Here you can take them out go-karting, and they can have fun on water slides and amazing rides. This is a theme park for children which is up to world class standards. This is at a short distance from the Rithala Metro station, Rohini – Sector 10.
- Lodi Garden: Lodi Garden is a lovely spot which dates back to the time the Mughal Dynasty used to rule Delhi. It is one of the most beautiful parks you will ever see, just great for small children to run about, without a care in the world. You will love the atmosphere around here and it is a great place to have a family picnic. Just remember to clean up later, as you wouldn’t want garbage to be strewn around. That would also teach your kids about their social responsibilities. You can get to the Lodi Garden by catching the metro to JLN Metro station or to the Jor Bagh metro station.
- National Rail Museum: The National Rail Museum in Chanakyapuri is a must visit for kids, as they will get to learn the history of Indian Railways, one of the world’s biggest railway networks. There are hundreds of exhibits of real-liferailway engines and coaches. There is a lovely toy-train where the kids could catch a ride.
So these are the most fun places in Delhi to visit with the kids this summer or for that matter, the Monsoon season. Have fun, and don’t forget to share the photographs!
Rimtimmers recommends the following travel agents in Delhi
Swan ToursAddress: Flat No-6, Shanker Market, Connaught Place, New Delhi – 110001
Phone No: +91-11-23415601
Joy Travels Pvt LtdAddress: Regal Building, Sansad Marg, Block 8, Hanuman Road Area, Connaught Place, New Delhi – 110001
Phone No: +91-11-43090909
Prime TravelsAddress: L-8, Green Park Extension, New Delhi – 110016
Phone No: +91-11-46700000
Shanti TravelAddress: Shop No.C-66, Okhla I, Phase I, Okhla Industrial Area, New Delhi – 110020
Phone No: +91-11-46077800
Tour And Travel Agents DelhiAddress: Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi – 110060
Phone No: +91-11-4508 8555
Journey With Us – Top Travel Agency in DelhiAddress: 3/174, Block 17, Block 3, Subhash Nagar, New Delhi – 110027
Phone No: +91-8447500234
RM Travels and ToursAddress: Jamia Nagar, Okhla, New Delhi – 110025
Phone No: +91-8860258916
Flytravellers Tour ServicesAddress: JP Complex, 32-B, 102 Floor, Chatan Jain Marg, Awadhpuri, Una Enclave, East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110091
Phone No: +91-11-4280 8386
Luxottica HolidaysAddress: G-54 Pushkar Enclave Paschim Vihar, New Delhi – 110063
Phone No: +91-9555008070
South Delhi Travel CentreAddress: B-1, Main Road Masoodpur Market, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110070
Phone No: +91-11-26136611