Dance Classes in Mumbai: The Best Fitness Hub For WomenBy
In the current age of machines, convenience and the follow-up of obesity; dynamic forms of physical activity are the messiahs of human health. In the domain of fitness, dance studios stand as a popular, fun and effective way to keep the mind as well as body healthy.
A survey report for 2011-16 published by the IBISWorld states that the global dance studio industry is worth at a net value of $ 3 billion and visualizes an annual growth of 2.5%. Dancing has been a growing part of human civilizations since time immemorial. The rhythm of the music and the associated movements of the body are ingrained in our heart and bones. The appeal is inexorable and makes dancing one of the most popular forms of exercise all over the world.
Dance classes in Mumbai
The home of Bollywood and a dwelling of variety in terms of people and culture, Mumbai additionally bags fame for harboring some of the best dance studios in the country. There is a plethora of dance classes in Mumbai led by qualified and experienced dancers. The design of the classes varies according to the requirement of the customers, with separate sessions for both professionals as well as beginners.
The allure of dance as a form of exercise can be attributed to the fact that it is an art through which the performer learns to connect her body to her mind. It is an act of peace, and is, therefore, an extremely effective medium for stress relief.
Benefits of joining dance classes in Mumbai
Dancing is one of the best forms of cardiovascular activity, especially for people who do not like the traditional exercise regimes in the gym. After all, who wouldn’t prefer a fun salsa session over numerous sets of lunges and squats?
A research study published in the Berkeley Wellness, University of California states that an average person weighing 70 Kgs can burn about 240 calories with merely one hour of dancing. The number can go up to 500 for the more intensive forms like aerobic dances.Dance classes in all the cities across India have become extremely popular these days. The benefits of these classes are well understood by the masses.
- Dancing helps to keep your heart healthy and blood pressure under control.
- Regular practice of any kind of dance helps to increase the flexibility of your muscles and joints.
- A combination of cardiovascular and strength training exercise routine helps to maintain the agility of your body.
- Dance is an instant mood lifter.
Checklists to choose the dance classes in Mumbai
For a beginner, choosing the type of dance and the studio to join can be largely confusing. The key to making the right selection is to gain some knowledge on the different forms taught and understanding what appeals to you.
- Websites: Most dance studios in Mumbai have detailed websites with all the relevant information for customers. Read through the sites of at least five studios near you and understand the kind of services they offer.
- Free trial: Several dance studios offer trial classes for customers, and you can easily avail one by making an appointment.
- Customer view: After short listing a couple of studios, you can talk to some of their existing customers for an understanding of their experience.
Popular on the menu: Hip Hop classes in Mumbai
Out of the multitude of dance forms taught all over the city, some of the most popular choices are the Hip Hop classes in Mumbai. Liked by youngsters and seniors alike, the rhythmic and upbeat style makes it an absolute rage among dancers.
- Hip Hop: Although there are a few exclusive Hip Hop studios scattered throughout the city, most of the Hip Hop classes in Mumbai are offered by multi-variety dance centers.
- Other forms: There are several other dance styles taught in the studios in Mumbai, like Salsa, Tango, Freestyle, Belly dance, Jazz, Contemporary, Cha-cha-cha, Ballroom dancing, Zumba, etc. The Bollywood style is another popular category with a majority of the studios in the city offering exclusive classes a couple of days a week.
Join dance classes in Mumbai for a better life
Dance is an excellent form of exercise for people of all ages. Irrespective of the level of your skill, a 45 minute to 1-hour dance session at least 4 times a week can help you stay fit, strong and flexible in the long run.
- Spending a good time:Many women prefer women-only dance classes, and most of the studios in Mumbai offer such services. The choice for the type of class depends upon the comfort level of the customer, which is the top priority for any dance studio. The prime goal is to help you let go and feel comfortable in your own body, and have a good time in the class.
- Fitness mantra: As a high-intensity cardiovascular activity, dance helps in maintaining a healthy circulation of blood and hormones in the body. When you dance or perform any other kind of exercise, chemicals like dopamine and serotonin that are known as the body’s “Happy drugs” get released in to your blood. Duly, you get a great body and a good mood just in an hour of absolute fun!
Rimtimmers recommends the following top dance classes in Mumbai
Arpita Step Up Dance AcademyAddress: 511, 5th Floor, E Square Complex, Subhash Road, Near Axis Bank, Vile Parle East, Mumbai – 400057
Phone No: +91-9833050884
Zenith Dance ClassAddress: Green Heights, Near Infinity mall, Lashkaria Ground Floor, Adarsh Nagar, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400053
Phone No: +91-9823336951
Dance Sport IndiaAddress: DanceSport India Studio, Feroza Mansion, Grd Floor, Opp Drum Beats, Tardeo, Mumbai Central, Mumbai – 400007
Phone No: +91-9819950806
Shiamak Davars International (Andheri Branch)Address: Harminder Singh Road, Aram Nagar Part 1, Aram Nagar, Versova, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400061
Phone No: +91-22-61543000
Deep Dance AcademyAddress: 17/18, Pearl Centre, S.B Marg (Tulsi Pipe Road), Dadar West, Mumbai – 400028
Phone No: +91-22-24225124
TR Dance CompanyAddress: Hill Road, Sayed Wadi, Bandra West, Mumbai – 400050
Phone No: +91-9987786116
Dancing PassionsAddress: Space Talent Studio,Sector 1, Ganesh Tower, Near YES Bank, Opp Abhudaya Bank & Apna Bazar, Vashi, Navi Mumbai – 400070
Phone No: +91-9833911784
Split Sole Dance AcademyAddress: C/o: Rose Manor High School, Central Avenue, Santacruz West, Mumbai – 400054
Phone No: +91-9920027192
Conrad Coelho Dance CompanyAddress: Mahila Sangh Building, Subhash Road, Near Garware House, Ville Parle East, Mumbai – 400057
Phone No: +91-9320171543
Dance PlanetAddress: 5, Bandra Kurla Complex Road, MMRDA Area, Kalina, Santacruz East, Mumbai – 400098
Phone No: +91-9820358260