Best Cricket Coaching Academies in Mumbai For Your ChildBy
Cricket is not the national sport but it feels like it is. Every open public playground in the city is packed with thousands of kids ready to play the game of cricket after school. If your kid is into cricket, talks, sleeps, breathes and dreams of this game, then here is a list of the best cricket academies in Mumbai where they can be trained in a proper way.
Why you should choose Mumbai for cricket coaching?
Can there be any specific reason for choosing Mumbai for your child’s cricket coaching? Well, yes, there can be a good number of reasons for choosing Mumbai over other cities of India for best cricket coaching with fess and opening time:
- Compared to other cities in India, there are the number of cricket academies in Mumbai with better accommodation and coaches. So you can choose a good cricket academy according to your specific locality in the big city.
- Being the largest city in India it has got lots of opportunities and scopes for children in every field whether academics, extracurricular or sports. Accordingly, if your child gets training in the best cricket academies in Mumbai, the further opportunities for exposure also widen up.
- Not only cricket academies, the city also has thousands of reputed educational institutes. So, if you are thinking of admitting your child to a good cricket coaching academy in Mumbai and worried about his/her academic career, than just quit your stress and get your child the best cricket coaching in Mumbai.
- Most of the Mumbai cricket coaching centres often organizes cricket tournaments, inter-college or inter-school cricket matches. From these matches, the students got the real and practical example of the ground.
- Along with cricket coaching these cricket academies in Mumbai also focuses on their student’s fitness and stamina. They also provide special exercises and diet plan and try to mould their students to perfection.
Cricket academies in Mumbai:
M.I.G. Cricket Club
- This Cricket Academy in Mumbai is located in Bandra East and is for children ages seven and up. It is one of the leading cricket clubs in the city and has a formidable team that plays all of the major tournaments.
- There is a cricket ground that covers 14,000 square meters of playing area and is the epicenter of the cricketing action for youngsters. This is a very popular club for youth coaching for players who are under the age of 14.
- There are various cricket coaching camps that are organized to encourage talented young players from various areas. These camps are ideal opportunities for students to gain exposure to the match environment as well as to analyze the strength, stamina and the weaknesses of the students. Coaches select players to represent the club from a talent pool of students who then move on to compete in junior level tournaments. Address: Ramakrishna Paramahans Marg, Gandhi Nagar, M. I. G. Colony, Mumbai – 400051
Opening Hours: 11AM–6PM (All Days)
Membership Fees: Rs. 6,000 – Rs. 2L
Shivaji Park Gymkhana
- One of the best cricket academies in Mumbai, Shivaji Park Gymkhana is located in Dadar. Students ages fourteen and up can participate in the Cricket Academy and younger students can also be admitted into the summer camps offered here.
- This site is one of the historic grounds that hosted rallies during the wars for independence. It is also known as the “Nursery of Cricket in India”. It has produced 21 international players and the cricket campus is the best one known to students. Address: Shivaji Park, Keluskar Road, Dadar, Mumbai – 400028
Opening Hours: 6.00 AM–10.30 PM (All Days)
Membership Fees: Rs.1,320 to Rs. 2000/Month
Vengsarkar Cricket Academy
- Located in Mahul, Chembur, Churchgate, this academy is for kids ages 9-17. It is run by Mr. Dilip Vengsarkar who is one of the oldest and reputed cricket players and has trained Ajith Agarkar and Yuvraj Singh as part of the academy.
- The academy offers cricket training free of cost to selected players who are chosen based on their skill level. Each year a group of 150 boys is selected based on their performances at the domestic tournament that is organized by the academy, which are then coached on the finer nuances of the game.
- There is also a unique online interactive cricket community platform that is developed here and works toward the transformation of the traditional teaching methods for the cricket education to make it accessible, robust and contemporary. Address:Wadala – Chembur Road, Mahul, Mumbai – 400071
Opening Hours: 27/7 (All Days)
Membership Fees: Rs.7,000 and More
Chandrakant Pandit Cricket Clinic
- Being the best cricket coaching center in Mumbai, this location has been the lifeblood of many prominent players. Found in Andheri West, the clinic is geared toward children ages 8 to 18 years.
- The cricket club was established in 1999 by Mr. Pandit who is a disciple of Mr. Ramamkant Achrekar. This institute not only trains boys but focuses on instilling their students with a sense of toughness and “never say impossible” attitude.
- It has a beautiful campus and a well-maintained pitch with the international level facilities. The training includes various physical fitness programs along with regular fitness tests, endurance sessions, aerobic and other anaerobic training to develop speed and agility, in addition to yoga and gym facilities.
- Even the umpires from the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) are invited to teach the students all the rules and regulations of the game. There are also various theory tests administered that are based on the games conducted by the authorities. Address: Hansraj Morarji Public School Ground, Munshi Nagar, Near Bhavans College, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400058
Opening Hours: 1.00 PM – 7 PM (Except Sunday)
Membership Fees: Rs.4,000-5,000/Month
Sanjeevani Cricket Academy
- The Sanjeevani Cricket Academy is situated in Bandra (East), Mumbai and admits children into its programs. It is the division of sports education development India Ltd and delivers the Cricket Australia designed Cricket Education Program across the country.
- The academy not only teaches the correct techniques associated with cricket but also corrects poor strategy and skills as students play the game. The cricketer RAJESH SANIL leads the coaching team as Coach Director. This is one of the most progressive and integrated cricket development programs that emphasizes the preparation, skill development and player performance improvement in the best possible manner. In the development of a sportsman,the coach has various roles to play, like an advisor, assessor, counselor, demonstrator, instructor, motivator, supporter and most importantly the role of a true friend.
- It also offers summer camps for students who are not a part of the organization. Most of the students take part in this institute as it is one of the leading cricket associations in the region. Address: Chhatrapati Shivaji Kridangan, Khernagar, Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400051
Opening Hours: 7.30 AM – 9.30 PM
Membership Fees: Rs.15,000/Year
Bandra Kurla Complex Ground
- BandraKurla Complex Ground is a cricket ground situated in Bandra, Mumbai.
- Though the cricket ground is generally used for local matches, but it has also hosted women’s ODI and T20I including two matches of world cup 2013.
- There are a total of seven pitches in the cricket ground- three for spin, three for seam bowling and one for normal wicket.
- In 2007 Mumbai Cricket Association established a club house with the ground that includes badminton, billiards and snookers halls. Address: Bandra Kurla Complex, RG-2, G Block, Bandra East, Mumbai – 400051
Opening Hours: 6.00 AM – 10.00 PM
Also Read: Is Cricket The Only Sport In India?
Payyade Cricket Club
- This cricket academy in Mumbai is open for age group above 8 years to 30 years.
- With good sporting facilities and other related accommodations this cricket club in Kandivali west is MCA registered and is also attached with good transportation services.
- The period for cricket classes in this academy is from July to May (June off) with a marginal fee structure as follows: Rs. 9000/- for six months Rs. 15000/- for one year Address: MG Road Number 1, Parekh Nagar, Kandivali West, Mumbai – 400067
Opening Hours: 3.00 PM – 8.00 PM
Membership Fees: Rs.15,000/Year & 9,000(Half Years)
Achievers Cricket Academy
- Being one of the best cricket academies in Mumbai, Achievers Cricket Academy in Chedda Nagar provides excellent cricket coaching in Mumbai.
- This Mumbai cricket academy is open for students under 7 years to 22 years age group.
- The cricket training held on Monday, Wednesday and Friday with two sessions at morning and evening and the fee is Rs.6000/- For 4 Months.
- Along with cricket coaching this academy also focuses on their student’s fitness and gives special fitness training and takes regular fitness test. Address: Dwaraka 1, Chhedanagar, near Subramani samaj temple, chembur, Mumbai – 400089
Opening Hours: 7–9 AM, 3:30–5:30 PM (Monday Closed)
Membership Fees: Rs.4,620( For 3 Months)
Female Cricket Academy
- In this era of gender equality, with the increase of opportunities for women, it is also important to have specialized training and good care in required fields so that each women get a good platform to showcase their talent. With the moto of providing women quality training on cricket, Female Cricket Academy was established in the year 2017 in the city of Mumbai.
- This cricket academy in Mumbai is led by former Indian national player Coach Gargi Banerji.
- Though the academy has its branch only in the city of Mumbai till date, they are planning to have more branches in other cities of India and help more girls to fulfil their dreams in the field of cricket. Address: Shivaji Park, Dadar West, Mumbai – 400028
Opening Hours:10.00 AM–7.00 PM (Saturday & Sunday Closed)
Membership Fees: Rs.4,620( For 3 Months)
Royal Cricket Club Academy
- Being one of the best cricket academies in Mumbai Royal Cricket Club in Shivaji Park, Dadar provides high quality cricket coaching in Mumbai.
- Royal Cricket Club Academy is open for boys of 5 years to 22 years age group.
- With a minimal fee structure this cricket academy in Mumbai also provides personal coaching for interested students.
- The regular cricket coaching period is of 8 months from October to May.
- Ensuring every cricketer to get a proper grounding in the game, the head coach Mr. Sachin Sawant focuses on giving the finest cricket coaching to each student. Address: Royal Cricket Club Cricket Academy, Shivaji Park, Dadar (West), Mumbai – 400014
Opening Hours: 7:00 AM –6.00 PM
Rs.700/- For One Time Registration Fees
Rs.700/- For 1 Month
Rs.1700/- for 3 Month
Venus Sports Cricket Academy
- Venus Sports Cricket Academy is a private academy for cricket coaching in Mumbai.
- Open for boys of age group above 7 years.
- The classes are held during week days from Tuesday to Friday in two batches.
- On weekends morning classes are there from 7AM to 9AM.
- This Mumbai cricket academy has their own cricket ground and the training period is of 8 months from October to May. Address: Mahesh Nagar, Goregaon West, Greater Mumbai – 400062
Opening Hours: 7:00 AM –9.00 PM
Membership Fees: Rs.16,500- for 12 Months & Rs.8,250 for 6 Months
VidyaParadkar Cricket Academy
- VidyaParadkar Cricket Academy is a well-known name amidst the cricket academies in Mumbai.
- Under the supervision of VidyaParadkar Sir- a legendry cricket coach in Mumbai with more than three decades of cricket coaching experience, this academy in Bhadkamkar Marg is an ultimate destination for the best cricket lessons.
- The cricket academy has been providing quality cricket coaching since 1978.
- From the year 2003, the academy conducts coaching sessions in morning and evening at Cross Maidan and Azad Maidan in South Mumbai.
- Along with cricket coaching, VidyaParadkar Cricket Academy also focuses on every student’s fitness and trains on warm up and other exercises for fitness and stamina. Address: Vidyadhar Paradkar 264, Bhadkamkar Marg 16, Pannalal Terraces, Mumbai – 400007
Opening Hours: 12.30 PM –5.30 PM
Membership Fees: Rs.1500/- For 1 Month & Rs.4500/- For 3 Month
RimTimmers recommend the following sports academies in Mumbai
Ajay Shivlani The Skate Academy in BandraAddress: St. Pauls Society of Bombay, 23rd Road, TPS III, Bandra, Mumbai – 400050
Arjuna Sports AcademyAddress: Flat No.301, 3rd Floor, B Wing, Ajanta Park, Kalyan City, Near Shahd Station, Shahad(West), Thane, Mumbai – 421301
Combatant Sports AcademyAddress: Ground Floor, Shop No.1 & 2, Priyadarshini CHS, Plot No.6, Seawoods, Mumbai – 400706
Cricket India AcademyAddress: 4th Floor, Podar Chambers, S. A Brelvi Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400001
Dr. D. Y. Patil Sports AcademyAddress: Sector 7, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai – 400706
Eklavya Taekwondo AcademyAddress: Ground Floor, S I E S High School, Dr. K A Subramanyam Road, Kings Circle, Mumbai – 400019
Goregaon Sports ClubAddress: Link Road, Near Toyota Showroom, Malad(West), Mumbai – 400064
Indrajeet Keer’s Boxing ClubAddress: 3rd Floor, Youngstar Sports Club, Palika Sadhan Gruha, Agashi Road, Virar West, Thane – 401303
Karnala Sports AcademyAddress: Plot No.7, Sector 16, Panvel, Mumbai – 410206
Navi Mumbai Sports AssociationAddress: Sector 1A, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai – 400703