Swimming Classes In Chennai: A Favorite Learning Center For Kids
Swimming classes in Bangalore are very popular, and it’s easy to see why. Swimming is one exercise that gives you all the benefits of an aerobic workout without any damage to the joints. It’s a perfect full body workout which can be performed by anyone, regardless of their age – from small children to senior citizens.
Major Benefits of Swimming Classes
Athletes use swimming to stay fit and to recover from injuries more quickly. You don’t need expensive equipment to swim – all you need is a good, hygienic swimming pool. Swimming has several wonderful benefits for your health.
- Swimming helps you build a strong physique– Swimming is a good exercise that improves muscle definition and helps you gain strength. Swimming is also known to increase bone mineral density (BMD) more so than any other physical activity, including running. Over time, you will feel stronger and more physically fit.
- It helps you lose weight faster– Swimming is one of the fastest ways to burn calories. You can burn up to 100 calories every 10 minutes with freestyle swimming, which is the same as running a mile in 10 minutes. You will lose weight every week by swimming. It’s the perfect total body workout and a great way to burn fat. After a few months of swimming, you will have the washboard abs that you’ve always wanted.
- It is a perfect stress buster– Swimming improves blood circulation and gives you a rush of endorphins – the happy hormone – making you feel good about yourself. It’s the perfect stress buster, relaxing you and calming your mind after a stressful day, the same way meditation does. It is also recommended to those suffering from depression or anxiety.
- It makes your body more flexible– Swimming will make you more flexible as you will be required to reach out with your arms and legs, stretch, twist and pull through the water. Your ankles are stretched fully with every kick against the water. This does wonder for your flexibility.
- It’s a great exercise for those suffering from asthma– If your child has symptoms related to asthma then swimming is the perfect activity for him or her. Swimming alleviates asthma symptoms and improves lung power considerably. Your child will learn to breathe better with each swimming lesson.
Things to Consider Before Joining Swimming Classes in Bangalore
- Duration of classes– The first thing to be considered is the duration of the class. A typical swimming class takes 30 minutes to 1.5 hours depending on the complexity of the swimming lessons being taught and the size of the class. Generally, people find it easier to learn to swim in smaller groups. You should consider the size of the class before joining.
- Age– You’re advised to wait until your child is at least 4-years-old before enrolling him or her in a swimming class. Children younger than that may not be able to perform strokes correctly.
- Meal– It’s very important to avoid eating anything before the swimming class. Having a full stomach while swimming can result in cramps and can even lead to drowning. You should wait for an hour after eating before you start swimming.
- Swimming attire– You should get a proper swimsuit and special goggles before joining the swimming class. Choose a swimsuit that fits your body and is comfortable. Check your goggles carefully and make sure there’s no leakage.
- Experienced trainers– It’s very important that the teacher leading the swimming class is someone experienced at helping people learn how to swim, and is comfortable working with children (if you are enrolling your child.) Check their credentials.
- Fee– How much does the class charge? The fees should be within your budget, as there’s no point in overspending on swimming lessons.
- Hygiene– Is the pool hygienic? Is the water clean? The quality of the swimming pool is very important. It should be maintained well. Whatever you do, don’t swallow the water. If it’s your child that’s swimming, teach him or her not to swallow any water while swimming. Swimming is very easy to learn. It takes a week or two to learn the basics, such as overcoming the fear of drowning, learning to breathe inside and getting familiar with the water. After a month or so of swimming, you will get very good at it.
Rimtimmers recommends the following swimming classes in Chennai
VV International School Of SwimmingAddress: 1, Gangai amman Kovil Street, Opposite Ram Theater, Kodambakkam, Chennai – 600024
Phone No: +91-44-24838066
SP Swimming AcademyAddress: No. 3, 68/1, Mount Ponnamalle High Road, Near Shell Petrol Bunk, Next To Domino’s Pizza, Porur, Chennai – 600116
Phone No: +91-7401551909
Visvas Swimming CenterAddress: No: 1/455, Vembuli Amman Koil Street, Opp to Europa Discount Store & Near RTO Office, Kottivakkam, Chennai – 600041
Phone No: +91-44-24480444
Velachery Aquatic ComplexAddress: Velachery Road, Little Mount, Velachery, Chennai – 600032
Phone No: +91-44-22354381
VV Swimming AcademyAddress: No-1/50, Block 1, Mogappair East, J.J. Nagar, Chennai – 600037
Phone No: +91-44-26562563
Friends Sports AcademyAddress: Mt Poonamalle High Road, Porur, Chennai – 600116
Phone No: +91-9444162040
Waves Swim AcademyAddress: No 92, Ambedkar Main Road 200 Feet Road, Keelkatalai, Chennai – 600117
Phone No: +91-44-33038458
Jaya SportsAddress: No 10/254 VGP Babu Nagar, 1st Street, Medavakkam, Chennai – 600100
Phone No: +91-44-33039992
Saaral Swimming AcademyAddress: No 11, OthaiVaadai Street, Madhavaram Milk Colony, Chennai – 600051
Phone No: +91-44-33241372
SDAT Dolphin Swimming AcadamyAddress: Block No 8 State Sports Complex, Mogappair West, Chennai – 600037
Phone No: +91-44-65473011