Swimming Classes In Chennai: A Favorite Learning Centre For KidsBy
Kids love swimming classes. Swimming classes in Chennai are incredibly popular with children. Swimming is a perfect exercise as it gives you a full body workout and can be performed with ease by children as well as by adults.
Benefits of swimming classes
Swimming helps your kids lead an active lifestyle all through the year, even in the middle of a hot Chennai summer. Let’s look at some of the benefits of swimming lessons for children.
- Swimming as a popular sport: Swimming is a very safe, low-impact sport. There’s no risk of a body injury as it is performed in water. When your child is in to pool, her body is 90 percent buoyant as she is not hitting the ground with her full weight that she carries on land. So, this is a very low impact sport and there is no risk of the body breaking down.
In fact, your child can swim to stay in shape even if she has picked up an injury recently. This is not possible with other sports, where one has to stop when injured because of the impact. It is unheard of for anyone to get injured when swimming. All the stories of accidents in swimming pools are related to diving. As long as you make sure that your child resists from diving, there is no reason to worry about anything.
- Swimming is a perfect workout for the body: Swimming involves moving multiple muscle groups with a lot of intensity. It is a powerful cardio workout, and burns calories very quickly. If you are worried about your child being overweight or obese, then you should certainly consider enrolling him in a swimming class.
According to researchers from Bucknell University, Swimming offers about 14 percent higher resistance than a workout done on land. It is a safe workout, but a very challenging one. Your child will lose most of the unwanted pounds that he may have picked up from overeating or/and lack of exercise from swimming.
Swimming is a perfect low-risk, high-intensity workout. It is also a great workout for children with developmental difficulties. A session in the pool releases endorphins, which improve the mood instantly.
- Swimming is good for the child’s mental and emotional health: Swimming helps improve the child’s mood and improves her mental and emotional health. Water is naturally buoyant, which makes any activity done in water, such as swimming, more relaxing than other types of exercises.
As said earlier, performing a challenging physical activity such as swimming releases endorphins in the brain, which gives one an instant feeling of satisfaction and happiness. If your child is upset about something, then a session of swimming would get her back in the best of moods almost immediately.
- Swimming is essential for your child’s safety: Every other day, there are newspaper reports of children drowning in a water body while on a school trip or family vacation. Drowning is the second biggest cause of accidental death to children aged one to 14.
That’s why it is so important for all children to learn swimming from a very young age. They have to feel comfortable in water and not be scared of it. They should be able to handle themselves in any situation and if needed be able to save their friends from drowning.
Besides, there are so many jobs that require a person to know swimming. If your child hopes to join the Army or the Navy after growing up, then he or she will be expected to know swimming.
- Swimming is a perfect social activity and a great team sport: Your child will love swimming in competitions. He or she will make a lot of friends in such events. Also, your child will learn to swim as a part of a team. There will always be a team of little swimmers looking after each other, encouraging one another in practice and in competitions.
Your child will learn to appreciate the value of teamwork and the importance of supporting their teammates and helping them achieve their goals and ambitions. This is a very valuable lesson which will help them much later when they are all grown up and working at a job.
They will learn to be self-motivated, set goals and work hard to achieve them. They will learn the importance of working hard for their team and their friends. They will push themselves to a new level in every competitive event to earn points for their team. Swimming is one of the few sports that seamlessly combine individualism with teamwork, and that makes it great for children.
Ways to choose the right swimming classes in Chennai
There are many private and public swimming pools that provide swimming classes for children in Chennai. The most important consideration to be made before enrolling your child in such a class is the eligibility of the instructor.
Experienced instructors: The instructor must be an experienced swimmer, who is very good at working with children. He or she should be able to communicate well with your child and make your child feel completely comfortable. The swimming lessons should be given in a friendly and stress free environment.
Duration and capacity: Next, the duration, timing and size of the class should be considered. Most swimming classes for children take 60 to 90 minutes. There shouldn’t be more than 10 or 15 children in the class. The instructor should be able to give each child their 100% attention. The class should be held at a time when it’s convenient for the child and for you.
Age factor: How old should your child be before taking swimming lessons? There are parents who enroll children that are as young as 2 years, but it’s better to wait till your child is at least 3 years old. Your child should be physically capable of handling an activity such as swimming.
Swimming gears: Finally, you should buy a proper swimsuit for your child, and buy goggles for him or her. The swimsuit should fit their body and should be reasonably comfortable. Make sure that the goggles fit perfectly as well and there is no leakage.
Swimming classes for children can have immense benefits for their health and safety. Swimming helps your kid stay cool, especially in a city like Chennai where temperatures are always soaring. It is also a perfect social activity. Your child will make friends and have a team of his or her own.
Rimtimmers recommends the following swimming classes in Chennai
VV International School Of SwimmingAddress: 1, Gangai amman Kovil Street, Opposite Ram Theater, Kodambakkam, Chennai – 600024
Phone No: +91-44-24838066
SP Swimming AcademyAddress: No. 3, 68/1, Mount Ponnamalle High Road, Near Shell Petrol Bunk, Next To Domino’s Pizza, Porur, Chennai – 600116
Phone No: +91-7401551909
Visvas Swimming CenterAddress: No: 1/455, Vembuli Amman Koil Street, Opp to Europa Discount Store & Near RTO Office, Kottivakkam, Chennai – 600041
Phone No: +91-44-24480444
Velachery Aquatic ComplexAddress: Velachery Road, Little Mount, Velachery, Chennai – 600032
Phone No: +91-44-22354381
VV Swimming AcademyAddress: No-1/50, Block 1, Mogappair East, J.J. Nagar, Chennai – 600037
Phone No: +91-44-26562563
Friends Sports AcademyAddress: Mt Poonamalle High Road, Porur, Chennai – 600116
Phone No: +91-9444162040
Waves Swim AcademyAddress: No 92, Ambedkar Main Road 200 Feet Road, Keelkatalai, Chennai – 600117
Phone No: +91-44-33038458
Jaya SportsAddress: No 10/254 VGP Babu Nagar, 1st Street, Medavakkam, Chennai – 600100
Phone No: +91-44-33039992
Saaral Swimming AcademyAddress: No 11, OthaiVaadai Street, Madhavaram Milk Colony, Chennai – 600051
Phone No: +91-44-33241372
SDAT Dolphin Swimming AcadamyAddress: Block No 8 State Sports Complex, Mogappair West, Chennai – 600037
Phone No: +91-44-65473011