Gaming Centres In Delhi – A Favourite Destination For AllBy
Game centers in Delhi are generally packed with boys and young men all through the day, especially on weekends and holidays. Youngsters in Delhi love gaming, as they love competing with each other and with players from across India and the rest of the world. Which are the most popular games in gaming centers in Delhi? The likes of FIFA 2017, Need for Speed, Dota 2, Counter Strike and Call of Duty are the perennial favorites. Now we have new hits such as Candy Crush Saga, Minecraft, League of Legends, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and of course, Angry Birds and Pokemon GO.
Survey of Gaming Centers
Sacheen Ratnaparkhi of Pune TCS said in an interview with the Times of India, “Our survey has revealed that gaming apps were found to be the most popular amongst 64% teens in the city. This generation plays a game and wins virtual rewards, which motivates them to move on to the next level”.
Should you worry about your child spending time at a top gaming center? Well, not if he doesn’t spend too much time, and only visits on weekends and holidays. What’s dangerous is when some boys get so addicted to gaming that they bunk classes and spend the whole day at a top gaming center. That you must guard against and keep a strict watch on your son’s habits. There is nothing wrong with gaming, as long as your child doesn’t indulge in it more than he should. Gaming can actually be good for the brain – there is plenty of research that indicates that. Neurobiologists at the University of California, Irvine say that some video games can improve memory.
However, players have to choose the right kind of games for this – not all games improve brainpower. Not all video games are the same, researchers say.
Benefits of Gaming Centers
The study, which was published in The Journal of Neuroscience, found that for college students some games are really good for the memory, such as “Super Mario 3-D World.” A group of students playing “Super Mario 3-D World” were tested against others who were playing the hugely popular game “Angry Birds”.
- Memory Recall: Students were tested for their memory recall after two weeks and the results were interesting. Those who played Angry Birds did not display any improvement in their memory, while those playing Super Mario 3-D World displayed a 12 percent improvement in their memory recall.
- Results: The results were astonishing. This shows that video games can be a major help in enhancing memory, providing that people play the right kind of games. This is important as there are other studies that show that playing some Smartphone games or video games for just 10 minutes a day did not really improve brain performance outside of the game.
- Other Benefits: However, playing games that require problem-solving and which consist of spatially complex tasks can help improve the brain by training the hippocampus. They can help you remember new names or where you last kept your house keys.
So playing at a top gaming center is not as bad as you might think; it can actually help your child become sharper and improve his memory provided he plays the right kind of games.
Gaming Centers in Delhi
At gaming centers in Delhi, the gamers can compete with other gamers of an equal skill from across the world. They share a unique lifestyle and a lingo that the world of gaming is identified with. They love ordering pizza and junk food, and if they could, they would gladly spend several hours gaming at a time.
- Money Making: There is a lot of money to be made in gaming. The online gaming competitions are hotly contested with gamers from all over the world participating. It is not unheard of for young boys, just 14 or 16 years old, making several lakhs a year from gaming. One avid gamer, Zakey, who manages a gaming center in Delhi, says in an interview with the Hindustan Times how gaming is a legitimate sport in China: “In China, professional gamers have support from the government, which provides financial backing to the best players to ensure they make it to international tournaments.”
- Indian Scenario: But in India, it is not so easy for the young gamers, says Zakey: “There is a constant self-consciousness among the boys, even though they are doing what they love. And that’s because they know that society sees their chosen career as a waste of time. That gets them feeling low at times.”
Going to a gaming center in Delhi could be a fun thing to do, as long as there is strict parental supervision. Gaming should be something exciting that you do in your spare time, and shouldn’t become an addiction.
Rimtimmers recommends the following gaming centres in Delhi
Xtreme Gaming CenterAddress: F-101, Bali Nagar, Next to Gate No.1, Ramesh Nagar, Metro station, New Delhi – 110015
Phone No: +91-1145044166
Video Games ParlourAddress: B-131, Vijay Vihar, Gopal Vihar, Rohini, Delhi – 110085
Phone No: +91-9857285429
Play 360 The Gaming LoungeAddress: C/9-116, Sector 8, Rohini, Delhi – 110085
Phone No: +91-9971226087
NxGT Gaming LoungeAddress: Block UA-29, 1st Floor, Above Subway, Jawahar Nagar, Kamla Nagar, New Delhi – 110007
Phone No: +91-9888712338
Mystery Rooms DelhiAddress: B-7/9, Rajouri Garden, Ring Road, Near Guru Nanak Marble House, New Delhi – 110015
Phone No: +91-11-45562838
The Gamers CaveAddress: D-4, Amar Colony, Lajpat Nagar-4, Delhi – 110024
Phone No: +91-11-41009475
Delhi Dance AcademyAddress: E238/239, Amar Colony, Lajpat Nagar 4, New Delhi – 110024
Phone No: +91-8377053325
E-O-D Adventure ParkAddress: Gate No.2 & 3 Sanjay Lake, Pocket 5, Mayur Vihar Phase 1, New Delhi – 110091
Phone No: +91-9876543210
URBN Gaming Lounge & CafeAddress: 7, Basement, Dayanand Vihar, Opp Karkardooma Community Centre, Delhi – 110092
Phone No: +91-11-43025991
Ctrl.Shift.Esc – Real Life Escape GamesAddress: 47, First Floor, Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi – 110016
Phone No: +91-9654743138